[three_fourth last=”no”]I often find myself wishing I had one, two or three less jobs/tasks/duties to perform. As a modern educator, or just a modern person, it is impossible to do all things I have to do. The good news is that in the digital world it is easy to multi-purpose content. As such, it makes sense to centrally share materials on Music Toolbox I want my students, my instructional team, and my faculty developers to see.
In the following, I detail some general tips for PowerPoints creation. Video 1 will get you started with “best practices”. (additional info here) Video 2 provides some simple tips for working collaboratively on a cross-platform presentation (i.e. PC to Mac).
I don’t deal with sound recording here. For a discussion of high-quality audio creation, check out our article on voice recording.
[separator top=”15″ bottom=”35″ style=”shadow”]
[title size=”3″]Video 1: Tips for Voice-over PowerPoint[/title]
- Record you presentation in segments
- Use large fonts (32+ pt)
- Large images (2/3 of the slide or more)
- Simple images (no heavy patterns)
- High levels of contrast between text and slide background.
[separator top=”25″ bottom=”35″ style=”shadow”]
[title size=”3″]Video 2: Tips for Working on a Cross Platform PPT [/title]
- Use common fonts (see image below)
- Avoid tightly packed text (space out your fonts)
- Use common image formats (GIF, PNG or JPG)
- Avoid copying/pasting data tables
- Avoid using media/animation in your presentation
- Though not present in the video, when collaborating make sure you coordinate your sound settings.